Cryptocurrency SEO is the process of optimizing a website in order to attract visitors from search engines. Although there are many different forms of cryptocurrency, most of them have the same basic components of SEO — content, link building, and keyword research.
The world of cryptocurrency is booming, and the numbers don’t lie. In the second quarter of 2018 alone, $6.3 billion was raised through initial coin offerings (ICOs). In 2017, that number was only $96 million.
Nowadays, there are a lot of discussions about cryptocurrency. The rising number of crypto investors has forced marketers to focus on cryptocurrency SEO. In this article, I will tell you why you need cryptocurrency SEO and how you can get it.
Want to avoid mistakes and wasting time with bad SEO advice? Check out our Blockchain and Crypto SEO Service?
Why Your Crypto Website Need SEO
Wondering if your crypto website needs SEO?
Here are some of the major reasons you may want to invest in SEO for your cryptocurrency site:
- Search is 53 percent of all website traffic, while paid search only drives 27%.
- Nearly 93% of all global traffic originates from Google search, Google Images, and Google Maps.
- Almost a third of consumers use search engines on a daily basis.
- 49% of marketers believe organic search is the most profitable channel they use.
Now that you are convinced that SEO can be a growth lever for your Crypto website, here is a step-by-step guide to optimizing your crypto website.
How to Do Cryptocurrency SEO Right
However, to do cryptocurrency SEO right, you need to understand that by using regular SEO techniques, you might hurt your rankings instead of helping them. That’s why you should use a different approach to optimize your website for cryptocurrency-related keywords.
That is why you need a framework that works.
A Proven Crypto SEO Framework That Works
1: Crypto SEO fundamentals
The first step to a successful blockchain SEO is to get the fundamentals right. SEO basic can set you up for success or failure depending on how you approach it.
Below are some crypto SEO fundamentals you should take care of:
- Google Analytics (GA): is a free tool offered by Google. It is used by over half of the top 10k websites on the internet. GA was once a tool just for website owners, but now it is also useful for SEOs. GA allows you to analyze data about your website traffic, such as where your visitors are coming from, how long they spend on your site and how many pages they visit. You can then use the information from this data to create an effective SEO strategy.
- Google Search Console:
- Robots Text File:
- Fast Loading Site:
- UX experience:
2: Carefully Study Your Competitors:
An SEO competitor analysis looks at how your competition leverages web optimization factors like keywords and backlinks to rank high in search engines. You can use insights from an SEO competitor analysis report to inform your own website’s SEO strategy.
There are tons of insight you can gain from a solid competitor analysis but you want to focus on
- Competitor money keyword
- Competitor’s top pages
- Competitor’s top backlink
- Competitor strength and weakness
- What is the average DA of competing websites.
- What is the number of pages on their site
- How much traffic are they getting
- Which site is their top referral traffic site
- How much organic traffic do they get on a monthly basis
- What is their backlink month over month growth.
Here are some more questions you want to know.
3: Keyword Research for CryptoCurrency Website:
The first step toward improving organic traffic is understanding which crypto keywords your target audience uses when they’re searching for your services or products in your cryptocurrency niche. Keyword research usually takes place in the early stages of cryptocurrency website and campaign development.
The aim of good keyword research is to identify the right keyword to focus on.
At the end of the day, you want to choose keywords that are:
- Have good volume
- Low competition
- Good commercial value to your business
- Relevant to your business
Organic traffic is driven by search queries/keywords. Not all keywords will be useful for you. Therefore, it is important to have solid keyword research that will guide your marketing activities, so you know where to put in most of your effort.
4: On-page Tips to Optimize your Crypto SEO
Now that you have identified solid keywords you want to target, you need to properly optimize the right page for that keyword. Every page on your website must be properly optimized.
When implementing on-page SEO, you want to focus on
- Title tag:
- Meta Description
- H1 tag
- Image title and Image Alt
- Internal Linking
- Body content
5: Crypto SEO Link building: Off-page Tips to Optimize your Crypto SEO
Link building is a powerful SEO strategy that not only increases organic rankings but also helps build your brand reputation.
It’s important to research trends and find websites in your niche willing to distribute links to your website. While a seemingly simple concept, it’s one of the most time-consuming parts of an SEO strategy because it takes time to see results. But building dozens of high-quality links per month can be worth the effort as these links send referral traffic that helps boost sales.
Here are some link building tactics you can use for your cryptocurrency website
- Resource Link Building
- Guest Posting
- Company Roundup
- Expert Commentary
6: Cryptocurrency SEO Mistakes
If you want your website to perform well in search, these are the list of the top 4 cryptocurrency SEO mistakes you should avoid.
- Buying irrelevant backlinks: Many people buy backlinks. The problem is not that they purchased a link but that they are focusing on quantity rather than quality.
- Not Blogging: Content is king only when done properly.
- Focusing on the wrong keywords
- Bad website structure
- Not paying attention to international SEO
Crypto SEO FAQ
Is Crypto SEO necessary?
Yes, search engine optimization for your cryptocurrency website is important. With crypto SEO, you can get more organic traffic, rank higher for keywords that you care about, and scale organic customer acquisition. Get SEO Services for your Crypto website.
Crypto SEO or PPC?
Crypto SEO is the process of increasing traffic to your website while CRpyot PPC is the process of buying traffic. The right one will depend on your website stage.
How can you use SEO to rank your Crypto Website
The best way to use SEO to rank a crypto website is to follow the crypto SEO framework. A solid crypto SEO framework include keyword research, content strategy, and acquiring backlinks.
Leave a Reply